Are You Ready to Get Serious About Weight Loss? Don’t put it off till Monday again. Call to schedule an appointment with our weight loss consultants today!
No Gimmicks, Just Results
If you’ve had trouble losing weight or keeping it off, you already know that fad diets just don’t work. In fact, research has shown that dieting is flat-out ineffective in the long-run. At our medical weight loss spa center, all our treatments have a solid foundation in medicine, and the dedicated experts on our staff have been helping our guests lose weight, and retain the results, for over 30 years.
What is a Weight Loss Spa?
Some people confuse weight loss spas with other programs similar to boot camps or fat farms. In reality, the purpose of a weight loss spa is to help you develop a healthy lifestyle (and enjoy it!) through education.
Some of the key elements of our program that have made it so successful include:
- Nutrition education
- Physical activity
- Behavioral modification
Obesity is unhealthy because excess weight puts more strain on your heart. It can raise blood pressure and blood cholesterol and can lead to diabetes. Losing weight is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of heart problems and other diseases.
How can I lose weight?
It’s easy to start a diet. Staying on one is harder! Prepare yourself by setting goals, thinking ahead to roadblocks along the way, and deciding how to deal them. Talk to Dr. Pamela Merino about creating an eating plan that’s right for you. It’s never wise to follow fad diets, go without eating, or try to lose weight too fast.
- Think about your eating habits. It may be helpful to pick a certain room in the house and not eat anywhere else.
- Decide how to handle temptation. When you’re offered high-calorie foods, turn them down nicely, but firmly. Try to eat out at places where there are lowcalorie foods to choose from.
- Plan ahead. If a bad mood, stress or boredom makes you want to eat a lot, decide in advance what action to take. You could take up a new hobby, go for a walk, call a friend or read a book.
- Be realistic and expect setbacks. If you go off your diet, don’t quit and don’t get mad at yourself. Just get back on track.
How should I change my eating habits?
- Eat slowly, take smaller portions and avoid “seconds.”
- Eat a few light meals each day instead of one main meal. Don’t skip meals.
- Choose a variety of healthy foods like fruit, vegetables, whole-grain cereals and pastas, dried peas and beans, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, lean meat, fish and skinless poultry.
- Cook foods in ways that help remove fat, like baking, boiling, broiling, grilling, roasting or stewing. Don’t fry foods in oil.
- Read food labels and avoid foods that are high in added sugars, saturated fat, trans fat, sodium and calories.
- Avoid pastries, sugar-sweetened beverages, candy bars, pies and cakes.
- Drink lots of water. Limit alcohol and other highcalorie drinks.
Our experienced staff is trained to provide individualized attention and accommodate personal preferences in a supportive atmosphere. Whether you’re trying to get in shape or just shed a few pounds, we will design a treatment based in medical research that’s tailored to your particular needs.
The bottom line is: A weight loss spa is not a temporary solution, so take the first step towards a better life and call us today!
Custom: New custom field